As you can see the Birthday Boy wanted an Army birthday. I personally think it is an excellent pick :) I like to "help" Hardy with decisions on costumes, parties, etc by giving him like 3 things to pick from but this year every time I gave him the choices he said I want a CLOWN birthday. I just couldn't think of a way to pull off a clown theme without it being completely creepy! Then one day I asked him when Hyrum was there (really to show Hyrum that he would answer clown) and Hyrum said what about an Army birthday. Hardy was sold :) Daddy saved the day.


I guess we will start from the start of his day & work our way down....
{Breakfast}
We are in a bit of transition until our flooring is done in our new place so we have been having lots of fun over at the Trimble's house. We were able to spend Brodys bday with him earlier this week. Cass & Jess went & grabbed some nice & sugary cold cereal the night before his bday since that was Brody's breakfast request. I LOVED the idea. We eat pancakes, waffles, french toast & stuff like that often enough that its really no extra special treat for him. A box of pure sugar cereal however is something that we never get. So, a couple days before Hardy's birthday I took him to Walmart & let him pick out any 2 boxes of cereal he wanted. It was really funny because at first he was just grabbing anything in front of him. I said take your time & find something that looks extra yummy. This is what he came up with. I have to admit I nudged him towards the peanut butter captain crunch :)


I guess we will start from the start of his day & work our way down....
{Breakfast}
We are in a bit of transition until our flooring is done in our new place so we have been having lots of fun over at the Trimble's house. We were able to spend Brodys bday with him earlier this week. Cass & Jess went & grabbed some nice & sugary cold cereal the night before his bday since that was Brody's breakfast request. I LOVED the idea. We eat pancakes, waffles, french toast & stuff like that often enough that its really no extra special treat for him. A box of pure sugar cereal however is something that we never get. So, a couple days before Hardy's birthday I took him to Walmart & let him pick out any 2 boxes of cereal he wanted. It was really funny because at first he was just grabbing anything in front of him. I said take your time & find something that looks extra yummy. This is what he came up with. I have to admit I nudged him towards the peanut butter captain crunch :)




We painted the kids faces, gave them all their dog tags & of course decorated them with Army tough tattoos. It was a hit.
Our birthday dinner consisted of Grilled Cheese Sandwiches & Grapes. 2 of Hardy's favorites of course.
Kallie & Cole have been best little buds the last couple of weeks. Here they are sharing a little candy necklace love :)






















1 comment:
what a cute idea!!
Post a Comment