7.17.2011

Cute as a button

This little one has so many cute things going on lately I feel like I can't keep up. Every day he has me smiling at something new.
A few of them are:
Ppppsshhh, ppppsssh which means he is shooting a gun ( a gun by the way is anything & everything) he has picked this up much sooner than his big brother. I'm guessing it is due to the fact that he has a big brother ;) I was a little traumatized the first time Hardy played with a toy gun but with Cole turning random things like straws, legos & wrappers into guns I think it is adorable!

Dance, Dance Dance! This boy can cut up some serious rug. I need to put a video on with his dancing because it is totally unique. He looks like a little stud working the area. He balls his fists up in front of his chest & moves them back & forth kind of making a box. He is squatting down while he's doing it. So cute!
No. He just in the last couple days has gotten to the NO stage. Its the cute No stage though :) I think he thinks yes & no are the same at this point because everything you ask him he says no. I'm trying to teach him to move his head up & down & say yes. We'll see how that goes ;)

Baths. Oh boy, if this kid hears the bath going his clothes are coming off & he is climbing over the side. Needless to say, he loves them.

Surrender. When Cole gets frustrated at something with me or with Hyrum he will run to the end of the hall (right by our bedroom) throw himself on the floor and suck his thumb. It is as if he is saying I surrender, I give up I can't handle you people... my thumb will always be there for me! :)
Popcorn Popping. Lately when we are in the car & he is ready to be done he has started hollering at me. Non stop... like a little wood pecker! The only thing that will get him to stop is..... POP CORN POPPING. That's right. I have to sing pop corn popping on the apricot tree the entire time until we get home. He loves it. And yes I try to do the hand movements as I'm driving... I'm sure I look ridiculous & probably am endangering our lives but hey I figure its safer than me trying to think & drive with his shouting. :)

All done! He is also doing very well with signing which makes my life oh so much easier. My favorite sign he does is All done! He does it when we are done changing it diaper, when he is done getting in his jammies, when he is done eating (he even hands me his plate.... a whole lot nicer than how hardy used to chuck it across the kitchen!) and even when i'm sharing a little treat with him & tell him we are all done. Its adorable to see him throw his hands up over his head & say All Done!

Bedtime. He loves to be put to bed by daddy. If daddy isn't home than mommy will do but if daddy is here he will have no part of mommy putting him to bed :) I'll let Hyrum have his little slice of pie :)

Just a few of our favorite things about Coley Cole
(as brother & daddy call him :)

1 comment:

Denyse said...

I had lot's to catch up on here! Little Coley Cole is getting soo biggy big!!! Are all of your kids going to be Hyrum clones?? I didn't know you guys were moving, when I first read it I thought you meant the other side of Guadalupe the city :) I'm pretty sure you mean the street though which is way exciting! Miss you