7.28.2011

88 degrees & loving it

Well, we got the house all packed & ready to go & decided to escape the boxes & the heat & head up to visit Grandpa Dale & Grandma Sherry in Bountiful, UT. Our new place isn't quite ready to move into yet so we figured what the heck, lets take a little road trip. We are absolutely in heaven!!! I think we will need to make a tradition out of this. What a treat to be able to go to the park mid day :) Not something we do back home in our 115 degree weather. Grandpa & Grandma are spoiling us rotten & we are also spending lots of time with aunts, uncles & cousins. Fun, fun, fun. We miss daddy terribly but have been able to have some video chats with him so that helps. :)

I was a little nervous about the drive up (14 hours w/ only myself, an 18 month old & a 4 yr old) but it actually went really well. Cole only slept 2 hours out of the entire trip & was screaming hysterically for 30 minutes straight but other than that it went better than expected! We don't have TV's in our car so my boys aren't used to watching anything while we are driving. I decided I wasn't gonna break out my moms little DVD player until it was defcon 5 :) Well, luckily we made it about 11 hours before I had to use it & it made the last 3 hours bearable. I had a ridiculous amount of snacks (see above) to keep the kids distracted & we sang lots of songs :) Anyways, we made it safe & sound & are glad we decided to take the plunge & head up.
Pit Stop in Page for a potty/wiggle break...
(Burger King)

Since we've been here some of the things that have been keeping us entertained are:
lots & lots of beAutiFuL parks (liberty, sugar house, etc)!, walks, handcArt dAys, teMple sQuare, riding bIkes, plAying in the wAter, plAying with gRaNdmA's AweSome tOys, fiRecrAckers, spEnding time w/ fAmily!
Cole snuggling up with grandpa
{hAndcArt dAys}
Luckily we were here for the 24th of July. Utah is a great place to be to celebrate our Pioneers arriving in the Utah Valley. Grandpa & the boys & I headed down to the park for Handcart Days. It was cute & fun. Live music, lots of fun booths & yummy carnival style treats.
hArdy enjoying his 1st ever snOwcoNe & coLe munching on some popcorn
a little lunch break at one of grandpas favorite places
{tAco mAker}
mmm.... bAskin rObbins
aNd hArdy's faVorite part of the trip....
tIme spEnt with COUSINS!wyAtt-hArdy-hAllie
I could definitely get used to this snowbird life :)

2 comments:

Fife Family said...

Glad to hear you are having fun and you made it safely! We just got back from CA and I agree it is so nice to just soak up the beautiful weather and play outside and be with family. See you when you get back!

Clint, Marianne, Sage, Charlotte, Emery and Ivy said...

oh man you are really brave to face that drive solo! I'm glad it went well for you.