5.27.2009

seWing with the lAdies

leslie, stephanie & i decided to take a litte intro sewing class at joAnne's a few weeks back. i'm not sure why they took it cause they are already seriously pro but i'm sure glad they did because we had so much fun!! we were laughing & being silly the entire time. i'm sure the other girls in the class didn't find us as entertaining as we found ourselves. :) not only was it fun but also so very helpful. im not completely terrified of my machine anymore :) i'm so excited to start sewing on my sweet grandmothers sewing machine. she passed away in april 08' & her sewing machine just got handed down to me. i have lots of wonderful memories with her by my side walking me through little projects. without her sitting next to me i dont even know where to begin! everytime i look at my machine i think of her. i love it.

2 comments:

Raysha said...

It's been forever since I've seen those girls. Tell Steph and Leslie Hi for me! I'm glad you guys had fun and congrats on learning your machine.

Melissa Bosen said...

I'm in the same boat. I've used my machine once in about 3 years. If I could just remember how to get the darn needle threaded....maybe I'd actually get somewhere.