8.15.2011

Chapter 2

Well, it is official. Our little family has moved onto Chapter 2. Since we were a "we" we have lived on Washington & Cole. This house will always have a special place in my heart.
It was good to us :)
The boys were loaded, the house was packed & I was rushing out the door... I realized this might be the last time I rushed down these stairs or out this door. I sat down on the stairs & cried. These were happy & sad tears mixed together. I realized I was about to close a chapter in my life & open another one. This is the house that I lived in with girls that I love dearly, some of those girls I now get to call my sisters, this is the house I came home to with an engagement ring on my finger, this is the house that has seen many special celebrations (baby blessings, birthday parties, 1st birthdays, bridal showers, baby showers), this is the house that I slept in the night before I was sealed to my best friend for time & all eternity, this is the 1st home I shared with him, this is the home I brought my precious baby boys home to. This is the home that their little world began in.
I am so excited for the future & know that change is inevitable, I happen to like change but just needed a minute to sit & think & cry about this wonderful house that I will always hold dear to my heart.

So, yes tears were shed but hey, that is not always a bad thing. I am very excited for Chapter 2 & all of the wonderful memories we will make in our new little house. And someday I'm sure I will sit in that house, close another chapter & cry some more wonderful tears :)

6 comments:

hyrum♥chelsea said...

I love when you express your emotions:)

hyrum♥chelsea said...

That was me (jess)

Fife Family said...

Wow, I didn't realize you lived there even before you and Hyrum were married. Change is hard, especially when it's not exactly your choice but I'm sure Chapter 2 has great things in store for you guys!

Brookie said...

i love your post:) what a cute house that was. you are darling, chelsea!

Denyse said...

Aww...I seriously got teary eyed reading that! I loved that house, we had some good times when we all lived there :) I want to see some pics of your new house! And...really? Hardy is in preschool?! Crazy!!!

Becky said...

It is kind of interesting the emotions that a house can put us into. You are amazing and I know great memories will unfold no matter where you are!