Last week Hyrum, Hardy & I took our 1st "real" family vacation. I say that it is our first "real" fam vacation because I don't count Utah & Cali. We go to those places ALL THE TIME!! We needed to branch out so we decided to go back East & we seriously had so much fun. My hubby isn't too big on pictures so I decided I had to choose between enjoying our trip or having lots of cute pics :) I did get a few cute ones though.
The flight was 5 hrs long... I was SOOO nervous about Hardy.... he had LOTS of energy & of course wanted to crawl all over the entire plane but he did great.
Getting ready to take off.....
About an hour into the flight... We seriously had non stop snacks to help keep Hardy occupied... However, it kind of had the opposite affect. I think he was on a sugar high!!
Of course he had to wear his airplane jammies his first time on an airplane :)
Once we landed in Baltimore it was a little bit chilly. I love Hardy is his cute little sweatshirt & beanie. This is his first ride on a bus. We had to take a bus to the rental car place. Keep in mind it is around 1:30am & Hardy is still loving every minute of it & hasn't slept a wink.

Finally getting to our rental car... Check out this bright orange Kia Rio beauty! As soon as we got Hardy buckled in he was out cold.
Starting Thursday we were officialy tourists. I even had the cheesy video camera around my neck. 
I love this pic of Hyrum, his sister Ali & Hardy. Hardy adored her!! She came & did some museums & monuments with us. It was great to get to spend some time with her. I kept telling her that Hardy looks more like her child than mine! This pic is at the natural history museum. This was definately Hardy's fav.
This is Hardy enjoying his Mommy Hardy's house (hyrum's grandma). We were able to spend 2 seperate days just hanging out at her house. She's an amazing woman & it was fun to get to know her better. Sadly, I didn't get any pics with her & the boys. We'll have to get some good ones next time.
This is Hardy's half asleep dazed look..... He did so good even though we drug him all over the city every day. 
My personal fav... The Washington Monument. We were there just as the sun was going down & it was GORGEOUS!! You can see all the way up to Capital hill & all the way down to the Lincoln memorial & it was amazing.
And my favorite pictures of all... The sleeping pics...............
We were able to stay at Hyrum's Uncle Ralph & Aunt Carol's home in Potomac, MD. It was absolutely beautiful & so much fun to spend some time with them & their family. We are already excited for our next trip back. There is so much to see & do in DC we decided we need to go every few years.















4 comments:
oh hyrum sounds JUST like cory with the camera... men! hee hee
your trip looks like a bLaSt! glad you're back safe 'n sound :)
It sounds like you guys had so much fun, and like Hardy did great! That awesome! Trips with kids can be so stressful sometimes but I'm glad you enjoyed. It's good you got to stay at a real house other that a hotel too!
So sorry we didn't get to see you guys! I'm looking forward to seeing you next month so we better make it happen hu?
xoxoxo
I love DC. Darin and I went before we got married and loved every minute!! One of my most embaressing minutes happened while we were there!! I tell you about it later!! I am so glad you guys had a good time!! Fun picts!!
You are so brave. I have anxiety attacks just thinking about traveling with the kids....mainly Taylor. Loks like you had a rgeat trip though. I'm really wanting to go down to AZ to see my family and friends (you) that I have really been missing.
Post a Comment